Great! You’ve enrolled in your IU Bicentennial Grand Expedition Trip! Congratulations!
Use this page as a guide or, if you’d like instead, download a Printable Trip Planning Timeline.
There are some logistics that we need to work through to ensure a successful enrollment of this trip. Please use the checklist and time table below.
Three to Four Months Before the Trip
- Read through the information provided thoroughly!
- Purchase Travel Insurance
- Get/Renew Passport
- Book a flight
- Book transportation from your airport to Innsbruck, Austria (Innsbruck Hbf bus stop).
- Send Alpenglow Education your Travel Insurance, Passport Expiration Date, Flight Information, and Transportation Ticket Information by May 1, 2020.
Two Months Before the Trip
- Fill out the Trip Forms by May 1, 2020.
- Make sure you have sturdy, comfortable hiking boots and an appropriate backpack. See the packing list.
- Chat with fellow enrollees to coordinate travel plans and activities.
One Month Before the Trip
- Purchase an Orange SIM card or call your cell service provider to set up an international data plan.
- Download all the cool travel apps.
- Ensure you have a credit/debit card or 2 that you will use abroad. Call those companies to put a travel notice on your account.
- Ensure you have everything for the packing list.
- Ensure all your tickets, confirmations, etc. are on the Tripit app.
- Join the Groupme. (Look for this a few weeks before our trip.)
One Week Before the Trip
- Tell your friends and family about your amazing future adventure.
- Make sure someone is set up to take care of your bills, plants, cat, fish, etc.
- Embark on the journey of a lifetime!